8-10 fresh salmon portions
1 bunch cilantro- washed/ cleaned and chopped
6-8 carrots- cut into sticks
1 big red bell peppers- cut into strips
1 jalapeño- halved
8 garlic cloves- coarsely chopped
1 tomatoes- peeled and finely chopped
½-3/4th cup grapeseed OR light olive oil
2 Tbsp sweet paprika
1 tsp turmeric (flat)
1-2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
2 cups cold water
There are few ways which I prepare my Moroccan fish. This recipe though is straight from my mom’s kitchen. I can not forget the appetizing aroma of the fresh cilantro and garlic cooking away in the early hours of Friday morning. Memories of warmth and love through such simple, basic fresh ingredients that makes all the difference in the world. Just as I did, you are now invited to fall in love with this practical Moroccan dish that will make your Friday night table even more special.
1) Place the cut carrots in a wide pot. Add the red bell pepper, garlic, jalapeño, and tomatoes.
2) Sprinkle the paprika, turmeric, and salt. Add the oil and mix very well until all the ingredients are coated with the spices.
3) Add water, and start arranging the fish making sure the pieces are not too close to one another.
4) With a spoon pour some of the sauce on the fish and generously sprinkle fresh cilantro on top (you may add some more garlic and red bell pepper for color and extra flavor). Shake the pot and bring to a boil.
5) Once boiled, COVER, reduce the flame almost to the lowest possible and cook until all the water has evaporated and you are left only with a nice thick sauce. During the cooking process shake the pot and make sure the fish is coated with the oil. You may need to do it few times.
Note: It is crucial that you use a fresh fish that was never frozen or it will get dry during the cooking process. Make sure you clean your fish with fresh lemon first.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.