For the eggplant:
For the sauce:
I can't say enough about this gorgeous platter! For me, roasted eggplant by itself is just amazing. So adding all these fresh herbs and sauce on top?! This salad always finishes first on my table. Its a winner both in flavor and presentation. I promise a lot of compliments on this one!
My Essential Rules for Perfect Baked Eggplant Slices Every Time:
1) High heat- 375- 400F. I use the "roast" feature in my oven. If you don't have it use "bake" on 420-450 until golden brown.
2) Thick slices- this way they don't get dry fast. (you can also peel some of the skin before you slice it).
3) A Nice coat of oil spray- If you don't have a spray do it with a brush. But the spray Coates it evenly and you don't end up using too much oil in the end.
4) Use parchment paper on the baking sheet.
5) Flip only once- This way they don't break.
6) Once you take the slices out of the oven transfer them directly into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 10 minutes. Then continue with the recipe.
7). Arrange the eggplant slices on a serving dish. Using a spoon, drizzle the herb mixture on top of everything. Let sit for 10-15 minutes and serve.