There are many eggplant recipes out there. But time and time again I prove myself that the good things in life don't really have to be so complicated. This eggplant recipe is far healthier than any fried recipe I have ever tasted. And the ingredients and process are easy as you can imagine. The results--beyond addictive! This Moroccan salad is so satisfying, heartwarming, and magically gathers everyone around the Shabbat table. Good Challa bread, good salads, good people to share your love with, and one very happy stomach.
1). Preheat oven to 420 degrees F.
2). Place the cut eggplant on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3). Spray or drizzle oil, sprinkle some salt and pepper and roast until golden brown, about 25-30 minutes. Mix only once during the roasting process.
4). Once golden, take out, transfer to a bowl and cover for 10 minutes.
5). Add the dill, red bell pepper, garlic, vinegar, sugar, oil, lemon, salt and pepper, and mix. Cover well, place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to marry.
My Essential Rules for Perfect Baked Eggplant Slices Every Time
1) High heat- 375- 400F. I use the "roast" feature in my oven. If you don't have it use "bake" on 420-450 until golden brown.
2) Thick slices or chunks- this way they don't get dry fast. (You can also peel some of the skin before you slice it).
3) A nice coat of oil spray- If you don't have a spray do it with a brush. But the spray coats it evenly and you don't end up using too much oil in the end.
4) Use parchment paper on the baking sheet.
5) Flip only once- This way they don't break.
6) Once you take the slices out of the oven- transfer them directly into a bowl and cover with a plate for 10 minutes. Then continue with the recipe.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.