This is one of my favorite side dishes. It is so easy to make and the crunch is addictive. I like to serve it right away, otherwise nothing is left for the meal. I just can’t stop eating it!
1) Fill up a medium pot with lots of water and bring to a boil. Once boiled add the 4 Tspn of kosher salt.
2) While the water is working, cut the string bean's ends, wash and add to the boiling water.
3) Put a timer for exactly a minute and a half. This will keep a crunchy texture.
4) Prepare a bowl with iced water and take out the string beans with a spider spoon directly into the cold water. That will stop the cooking process. It's called shocking.
5) Drain the beans in a calendar.
6) Heat up olive oil in a wide and large skillet, place the chopped garlic and constantly mix for about a minute or less, so it doesn't burn. You want to get a nice golden color but not burnt. Add the drained beans and immediately sprinkle some salt and pepper. Mix for about a minute or two. Check for flavor and serve immediately.